Online learning is a type of distance education that allows students to take courses and earn credits via the internet. Online learning is a convenient and flexible way to study, and it has become increasingly popular in recent years.
There are many advantages to taking courses online, including the ability to study at your own pace, the freedom to choose your own schedule, and the opportunity to take courses from anywhere in the world.
In addition, online learning can be more affordable than traditional brick-and-mortar education.
However, there are also some challenges to taking courses online, such as the need for self-discipline and motivation, and the lack of in-person interaction with instructors and classmates. Overall, online learning is a great option for students who are looking for flexibility and convenience.
What LMS platform should you use? Find out in this article.
Online Learning Market Size
- The global online learning market is expected to be worth $375 billion by 2026.
- The eLearning market in the United States is expected to rise by $21.64 billion by 2024.
- The United States owns around 34% of the online learning market platforms.
- The North American LMS market was worth $3.97 billion in 2019.
- The United States has a 43 percent share of the $20 billion online academic industry.
- The market for virtual classrooms was valued at $11.3 billion.
- The industry and professional eLearning segment is expected to develop at a CAGR of 32.1 percent from 2020 to 2026.
On a national and worldwide basis, there has been a noticeable surge in online learning. As a result, the online learning market share has increased year over year.
However, in recent years, the climb has been even more consistent than before. This increase has been accentuated by the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, determining the past, present, and future status of the online learning business is intriguing. This provides folks with a better understanding of how the market has progressed and which segments have seen the most improvement.
Global Market Size Current State and Forecasts
The world has transformed at a breakneck pace, and the global online learning market is no exception. The current global status demonstrates how far the eLearning sector has progressed, from market shares to growth rates. Future comparisons will benefit from the forecasts.
- Between 2020 and 2025, the worldwide online learning industry is predicted to develop at an annual rate of 8%.
- As a result, the market should be worth roughly $375 billion by 2026.
- Europe has a 35 percent market share.
- From 2020 to 2025, the global online platform learning platform market is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 11%.
- Despite the grim forecasts, self-paced online learning is expected to grow by 2.17 percent in 2020.
- From 2020 to 2024, it is expected that market growth would accelerate at a CAGR of over 3%.
- As a result, the market’s value is expected to have increased by $6.71 billion by 2024.
- By 2023, the synchronous learning segment is expected to rise by 31%.
US Market Size Current State and Forecasts
The online learning market in the United States continues to be the largest. It’s fascinating to examine the current situation of the United States and how it compares to other countries. The sector’s expansion can help investors identify potential investment opportunities.
- The United States has 34% of the market for online learning platforms.
- North America will account for about 38% of the self-paced online learning market’s growth.
- In 2024, the US eLearning industry is expected to expand by $21.64 billion.
- As a result, the market will grow at a 12 percent compound annual growth rate.
- In comparison to other countries, the United States will have the highest growth rate of 100%.
Corporate Online Learning Market Size
With online learning, corporations come in second. As a result, they control a significant portion of the market. This is a section that has advanced significantly in recent years.
- Business and management accounted for 16.8% of corporate learning in 2017.
- Science accounted for 3% of the total, with social sciences accounting for 10.8%.
- Mathematics and arts and design were the least popular alternatives, with 4.09 percent and 6.73 percent, respectively.
- Around 40% of Fortune 500 companies are said to use eLearning for professional purposes.
- A Learning Management System is used by 78 percent of firms that provide online learning.
- Banking, financial, and insurance companies controlled 16.2% of the LMS market in 2019.
- The market was predicted to be worth $31 billion by the end of 2020.
- As a result, a CAGR of 11.41 percent was predicted for the market.
- The industry and professional segment is expected to increase at a CAGR of 32.1 percent from 2020 to 2026.
Do you want the best LMS platform and get a 50% discount? To get discount coupons and save money, click here.
- eLearning Vs Virtual Learning
- E-learning Statistics
- By 2025, The Online Learning Market Is Expected To Reach $5 billion
Sources: Statista, Size of the Global E-Learning Market in 2019 and 2026, By Segment
 Docebo, Elearning Market Trends and Forecast 2017 – 2021
 Forbes, The Next Revolution in Global eLearning
 TechSci Research, Global Online Platforms Market
 Research and Markets, Global Online Education Market – Forecasts from 2020 to 2025
 Business Wire, Global Self-Paced E-Learning Market | $ 6.71 Billion Growth During 2020-2024
 Global Market Insights, E-learning Market Size by Technology
 CISION PR Newswire, Online Learning Market Size
 Market Research Future, Global Online Education Market Research Report
 Technavio, E-Learning Market in US by Product and End-user – Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024