In this blog, I have given a guide on how to delete the U2 album.
I wonder if there exists someone, who doesn’t like listening to music. Music is something, which touches each and every soul. The best part is that it doesn’t matter, where you come from or what language you speak because music has no religion and no language.
A lot of people while scrolling down their iPhone’s music section, might have come across an album named u2 and actually have no idea about what u2 is. Formed in 1976, U2 is an Irish rock band from Dublin. There has been a lot of controversy around the fact, that u2 by mistake released their album Songs of Innocence on iTunes.
Due to this, the music was made available for free to more than 500 million iTunes customers in 119 countries. But then, not everyone appreciated the move.
In case you are still struggling with How to delete the u2 album from your iTunes library, here’s a guide that you help in doing the same. Before that let’s take a look at how you can delete any song from your iPhone.
How to Delete Songs from iPhone
Now in case, you want to free up iPhone storage to update iOs or for any other reasons, here are the steps via which you can delete any song from your iPhone:
- Go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store and disable the iTunes Match. If this option is enabled, you will not be able to delete music tracks from your iPhone.
- Now, go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Tap Manage Storage and a list of your iPhone apps will appear. Among the apps, you’ll see the Apple Music app.
- Choose Music, then click Edit at the top right corner and select the song you want to delete.
- Finally, tap the Delete button.
In case you want to get rid of all your music, then simply select the option, “All Songs”.
This process has been made simpler by various Apps. In case you want to resort to deleting songs via an app, download Apple Music App, and follow these steps:
a) Start the Apple Music app, go to the My Music tab and find a song you want to remove. Click on the three dots next to the song name.
b) Tap the Delete button.
Now, using this app, you can delete the u2 album too. Just follow the same steps, listed above.
There is one more amazing app, AnyTrans, which can be used to manage your iOs devices on the computer. It enables you to get rid of multiple songs at once. Follow these steps:
- Install the app on your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer by using a USB cable. Your phone will be scanned, automatically.
- Choose Audio > Music or Playlists option to manage the songs.
- Select the songs you want to remove and simply, press “Delete”.
The best part is that AnyTrans is not only limited to songs. It also manages other types of iOs files like photos, videos, messages, notes, apps, etc.
Removing the u2 Album
Since U2’s album was distributed via Apple’s iCloud, and you cannot permanently remove an album stored in the iCloud. Thus, there is one option that you can hide from displaying on your iPhone. Take a look at how:
- Simply, go to the Settings tab on your iPhone, and click on the icon, Music.
- Now toggle the “Show All Music” switch to off.
Now, automatically your device will only display music you have downloaded. However, there is one limitation that you won’t be able to download music stored in iTunes in the cloud.
But, you can always exercise this permanent option. Just click on the Store tab in your iTunes, and uncheck the automatic downloads box. This way, automatic downloads will be stopped.
How to Delete u2 Album
Considering all the mess and controversy around the release of the u2 album on iTunes, Apple in lieu, of dealing with the disgruntled iTunes users, came up with a way to quickly remove the album from their libraries.
Take a look at how to do the same:
- Go to http://itunes.com/soi-remove.
- Click Remove Album to confirm you’d like to remove the album from your account.
- Sign in with the Apple ID and password you use to buy songs from the iTunes Store.
- You’ll see a confirmation message that the album has been removed from your account.
In case you haven’t downloaded the album yet, it will be removed from your account entirely.
Deleting u2 Album from iTunes
It is a very simple process. Simply open iTunes, go to your music library, click on the Albums tab at the top, right-click the “Songs of Innocence” album, and select Delete.
And you are done.
However, if you want to hide the album from appearing with your other purchases, then follow these steps:
- Go to the iTunes Store and click on the “Purchased” folder under the “Quick Links” section on the right.
- Scroll over the album, click the cross sign in the upper left.
- And, confirm the action by clicking Hide.
How to Delete Songs from iPod
In Apple software’s, only iTunes can sync music, videos, photos and other iOs data from computer to iDevices. Thus, in order to delete any songs from the iPod, you need to delete them from your iTunes library. Just follow this simple sequence:
- Launch iTunes > Click Music mark > Select My Music > List your music as Songs > Select the songs you want to get rid of > Click Delete to remove them.
- Now, connect your iPod to the computer and Sync the music from your computer to iPod with iTunes.
However, you can also use the above mentioned App, AnyTrans to carry out this process.
Conclusion:- How to delete the U2 album?
Follow the above-mentioned guide, in lieu of How to delete u2 album or some playlists that you are not interested in. Deleting songs one-by-one can be a hassle, thus follow these alternatives for that easy deletion of songs or albums from your iPhone.
Automatic downloads only happen, if you have configured your iTunes to automatically download purchased content to your iPhone, iPad or computer. Thus, disable the same and enjoy your playlist the way you want it to be.