You may be asking how to build a maintenance mode page in WordPress if you will be making major upgrades. This may keep your audience updated. It may also build buzz for new material.
The purpose of maintenance mode pages is to keep your WordPress website up to date. How to create one using Beaver Builder. Let’s begin!
How to Create a Maintenance Mode Page in WordPress? 4 Steps
Create your first maintenance mode page using our Beaver Builder plugin. Our drag and drop page builder makes bespoke designs simple. You may use a pre-designed maintenance mode page layout to save time on design.
You may also use the PowerPack Beaver Builder Addon for more sophisticated customization. An extensive Template Library includes maintenance mode and coming soon pages.
Step 1: Create a New Web Page
The Beaver Builder plugin, which is available for free, will be used for the first section of this lesson. Towards the end of this article, we’ll demonstrate how our premium product may enhance your maintenance mode page even more.
It is not necessary to purchase or download anything if you already have a premium edition of Beaver Builder installed.
- To begin, go to the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard. Click on Add New and type in “Beaver Builder Lite” in the search box. Then you’ll need to install and activate it.
- Select Pages > Add New from the menu bar to create a maintenance mode page. Give your page a title at this point. After that, choose Launch Beaver Builder from the drop-down menu.
- When you click on this, the Beaver Builder editor will appear, and you can begin designing your maintenance mode page.
Step 2: You may choose the Maintenance Template
With Beaver Builder Lite, you’ll have access to pre-made page layouts. There’s also a basic maintenance mode page you may personalize to match your website’s style.
- Click the Plus symbol in the top right-hand corner of your newly created page. In this section, you have the option to design a customized page by simply dragging and dropping various components.
- Navigate to the Templates tab instead of wasting time on each and every new project.
- Select Landing Pages from the Group selection. After that, you’ll see a tab titled “Maintenance.”
- To add this template to your website, just click and drag it over.
Step 3: Edit the Images and Text
After entering the Maintenance template, edit it by adding appropriate information. Hover over the background picture and click the wrench symbol to reveal the Row Settings.
- Scroll down to Background Photo and choose Remove. Now you may add a picture from your Media Library or upload one.
- After finding the correct picture, click Select Photo. Save your modifications if you like the way it appears on the maintenance page.
- You may also change the default text. Begin by clicking the heading’s settings.
- Go to the General tab to modify the text. Add your own wording under the heading.
- Changing font, color, and header size on the Style tab. After editing, click Save.
- The main text body may be edited in the same way. Customize the text on the General tab, then change the font size.
- The default design also includes a Call to Action (CTA) button. Click on the options to change the wording and add an icon.
- Then, provide a URL to where you want the button to direct. This might be a comparable website page or a landing page to collect email addresses.
- Then modify the button and hover color in the Style tab. Change the text color and font here.
- When you are happy with the page, click Save, then Publish. If any links break during website maintenance, redirect them to this page.
Step 4: Include Extras
Everything you need is in Beaver Builder Lite. This utility can create a basic maintenance page. Our premium plugin is required to access additional features like a countdown timer and lead capturing form.
Like the Lite plugin, Beaver Builder Pro allows you to create and update maintenance pages. Add modules to make your maintenance page more interactive.
- In Modules, you may place a countdown timer on the page. Let visitors know when your site will reopen.
- On the General page, you may set your launch date. Include the time zone.
- The numerals’ color and size may be changed in Style. Then, if required, create a backdrop.
- Your maintenance mode page may also collect leads. Subscribe to your newsletter and hear about upcoming improvements.
- Drag and drop a subscribe form module wherever you want to capture leads. Then link your email marketing service to track replies.
- The General tab allows you to add a custom message. This is what people see after signing up.
- The Button tab lets you customize the subscribe button. You may add text and an icon here. You may also choose a backdrop color at the bottom.
- You can also add a Google reCAPTCHA option. This feature can filter out spam and only provide you with legitimate leads.
- Once you’re happy with your maintenance page, save it or publish it. A plugin like PowerPack may now redirect users to your new maintenance mode page.
- Beaver Builder Best Pricing Plans: Is This Theme Worth It?
- Beaver Builder Landing Pages: How To Build & Optimize It?
- Top 10 Tips For the First Day Of Your Blog
Conclusion: How to Create a Maintenance Mode Page in WordPress 2022?
In order to maintain your website up to date, you may need to modify your theme or install new plugins. Maintaining a website might lead to error pages, which can significantly affect the user experience.
You may let site users know when a page is in maintenance mode and when it will be accessible again by establishing a maintenance mode page.